Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What was your favorite childhood toy?

{5-6} GI Joe and He-Man were the best! I loved having wars with my siblings.
My Little Ponies were fun, too. They had such silky hair, and were so colorful.
I had a Rainbow Brite doll with the white Sprite. I still have the Rainbow Brite doll (sans dress).
I also LOVED Strawberry Shortcake and all her friends. The dolls smelled like the fruit they were named after, though after awhile they all started to smell the same.

I remember liking Barbie, but I was older (10 or 11) before I got a "real" Barbie. I loved all her accessories, but the way you put a ring on her finger always grossed me out.

2 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

hahaaha! What's truly gross about a Barbie is the way her knees can bend the WRONG way. try it...it will make you sick. ;)

LindaJD said...

Hi Julie....I remember them well :)
although I was much too old, in fact my kids had the My Little Pony's, S.Shortcakes, Hollie Hobbie and so on, when I was a kid toys were so scarce, we were lucky to have Colouring pencils and writting materials, I remember guarding them jealously! woe betide one of my younger siblings if they found my hidey hole...lol..
I wish I had back some of the toys my kids had! my youngest daughter named Julie too :) has kept a lot of her toys though and passed some onto her kids now, although some she won't part with!
Thanks you for dropping in on my Blog, so glad you liked my stuff, enjoy..
Linda :)