Thursday, July 10, 2008

Have you ever had a nickname, and if so, how did you get it?

The first nickname I remember having was Julie-Bulie, from my parents. We sang the "Name Game" song a LOT when I was growing up.
Julie, Julie, bo-bulie,
Banana-Fanna, fo-Fulie,
Me-my-mo-Mulie, Julie!
Then there was Julie-Bean, given to me by my 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Smith.
In 9th grade, I all of a sudden hated my real name, so insisted that everyone call my "Jo". That lasted about 2 years. While I was Jo, I had a friend named Monica, who became Mo to my Jo.
Of course, my kids call me Mom. When Krillin was 2, he figured out my name is Julie, and tried calling me that. I kindly told him that since there were only 2 people in the world who got to call me Mom, I felt really special when he did.
P-chan has started calling me Jules. I don't know how he's spelling it in his head (could be Jewels).... but I started adding an 's' to his name, too.
I can't think of any other nicknames...maybe my sisters can help me out!

4 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

Julie-bulie is what I remember. I think we also called you Ju-ju-bird. But I may be making that up. ;)

The Dillon 6 said...

PS -- it's about darn time you updated this one!! ;)

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

Yep, Ju-Ju-bird, I remember that now, too. :)

Autismland Penny said...

We affectionately call you junk here!!!hehe Even my parents call you that!