Sunday, July 20, 2008

When you were my age, what did you want to be when you grew up?


When I was younger, I wanted to be a teacher. Then, in 3rd grade, our class had a section on stamp-collecting. One of the kids' parents brought all of us some stamps, and an album page (like a sports card page, but with smaller slots). I fell in love! I decided right then that I wanted to be the Postmaster General of the United States. Over the years, I came to realize that you had to have a lot of background in business, and I really didn't want to go into business, so it became a shelf-dream. Stamp-collecting is still an avid hobby of mine.

I always knew I wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom. I am so blessed to have that job now! Looking to when all the kids are in school, I will go back to college. But I still don't know what I want to "be". Maybe I'll just be a smarty-pants. That's fun.

2 comments:

The Royals said...

I am a smarty pants and I didn't even go to school for it!

The Dillon 6 said...

You can BE anything you WANT to BE! ;) I still want to BE in the OLYMPICS!!! ;)